Sunday, December 19, 2010

Portfolio





I went out on a limb today and took some shots that I've been working up the nerve to do for a while. Many of you may know of the set of highway interchanges along Rt. 84 and Rt. 9 - there are several overpasses criss-crossing over one another. If you have a keen eye, you will notice that a few of these overpasses are no longer used and the vegetation is starting to take over. I have always wondered what these are like up close and took a chance by exploring the area today (it is State property and I'm sure that I was not supposed to be there!). I parked at the Wendy's restaurant behind the West Farms mall and walked about a half mile to a spot where I could enter this area. From there, I walked a total of about a mile of the different sections of old deserted roads, interchanges, and overpasses - all with a heightened fear of being caught!

For editing, I severely muted to colors to give it a very stark, isolated, forgotten look. I hope you enjoy looking at these as much as I enjoyed exploring. Check out my Fotothing for more in this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment