Sunday, October 24, 2010

Welcome Everyone!

To get things started, let me tell you a bit about myself.... I have been teaching full time at Albertus Magnus College for the past 30 years and am grateful for the opportunity to spend my life working with students who want to learn more about art. I've been married for the past 35 years, and have 2 wonderful sons, 27 and 30. My older son is married and has an almost 3 year old son and a 1 yr old son. That's Kieran and me at thome in Redding.

My main interest is photography and I earned an M.F.A. in still photography from Rochester Institute of Technology. At Albertus I teach not only Photography but a range of other courses which include Digital Photography both online and face to face, Foundation Design (2-D and 3-D), Graphic Design, Ceramics, Intro to Computer Art, 20th Century Art History and The Museum Experience.

To learn more about me, take a look around at my web site, http://jnevins.com. You can find a statement of my teaching philosophy (very student centered), syllabi from my other classes, a resume (called a Curriculum Vita in academic circles), tutorials on digital photography issues, portfolios of my work and more.

I look forward to working with you!

9 comments:

  1. Pleasure meeting you. Looking forward to this class and what it has to offer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to Digital Photography 2! For everyone taking Digital Photography 1, be prepared for an excellent experience!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My fotothing e-mail address is pataias82@gmail.com and user name is soni482

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, my fotothing e-mail is rolfedeb@gmail.com and my user name is mod2deb. I looking forward to this class

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Jerry- your grandson has your Cheeks. Very nice Photo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Jerry I am excited about this course and all I am going to learn about my camera. My Fotothing address is www.fotothing.com/DANNI28. We are currently friends due to past classes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Jerry, this is new to me, but I am so looking forward to this class and excited to witness what it has to offer to each and everyone of us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Jerry i am excited and ready to learn in this class! This is my first time taking this class cant wait to take some great pictures!!

    ReplyDelete