Saturday, November 13, 2010

More for the portfolio

This week I decided to try going with a Sepia tone on my headstone shots. I'm MUCH happier with the way these pictures look. In fact, I may go back and re-edit last weeks shots because I think they look much better this way! I kept one picture in color because it was just very striking that way...I didn't want to lose the effect! I will say it was quite the adventure to get these pictures though...at the first cemetery, I had to park in a weird place and go in through a small opening in the back gate. That led to me falling and slamming my shin on who knows what! Then, my shots there were cut short because a tow truck arrived and I had to get out of my parking place ASAP! I took a nice long drive (and got some great scenery photos) to get to my second cemetery...and almost ran out of gas! I made it to the gas station on a fume and prayer! Note to self for next time: be more aware!!! Anyway, enjoy some of these. I've posted more on http://www.fotothing.com/jackiejanosko but reached my upload limit, so I will load more tomorrow.



6 comments:

  1. Two rules I have for my photography classes... don't get hurt and don't get arrested!

    Great shots though... Are you using Photoshop or Picasa to edit to the sepia tone? You might want to try a little less brown... it will still read sepia, just not as strongly.

    Keep going this is going to be a great series....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like quite an adventure :). I really enjoy the photos especially the 2nd one. I'm a bit intimidated by sepia tone...these make me want to experiment. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really like this series. Even the color photo is very strong!

    I've been thinking along the same lines and want to visit some very old cemeteries near my parent's house in western MA. Some of these are out in the woods off the beaten path. Love your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice pictures keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete