Sunday, November 14, 2010

Portfolio



A couple more shots from my trip to Nod Brook recently. I played around with the editing a little more for some different effects. The strange this was at the base of this large oak tree were a couple of bright red plastic flowers. I do not know why they were there (I don't think they were marking a place where a life was lost), but I thought it looked interesting nonetheless. The water under the tunnel is similar to another shot posted here, but I wanted to see how some different effects - specifically sepia - would look.

5 comments:

  1. Good job on these photos. I like them both very much. The red flower does catch your eye. I thought you might have added the red in Photoshop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Deb. I don't have Photoshop just yet but discovered a cool black & white trick with Picasa - Focal B&W.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the composition of the tunnel and water shot a lot. I find that the sepia effect in Picasa is a bit much and also reduces contrast excessively. Do you have Photoshop yet?

    You might try desaturating the excess bron in Picasa and adding to its bottom end with the darkness slider.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the black and white picture of the tree with the red flowers popping out. Very nice picture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree. I like both pictures Dennis. The tree with the red flower.really caught my eye. Nice Shot!

    ReplyDelete