Sunday, November 7, 2010

working on my portfolio

As I'm working on a lot of headstone statuary as my Digital Photography 2 theme, I took some shots at a local cemetery. I am a little disappointed in these...after doing shots at Mountain Grove Cemetery in Bridgeport, everywhere else seems boring! I will probably be going to Mountain Grove to do a lot more work this week because it has the most amazing artwork that just happens to be on headstones. But for now, here are some images from some stones in East Haven:




4 comments:

  1. Hi Jackie, I like your headstone shots. Your images are capturing a rested soul's history, which I personally think is cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the black and white coloring

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Jackie... the editing of the three headstone hots is strong... you are on the right track with those. The issue with the angel is that you are looking up at her and the light of the sky is overpowering the face with backlight... the thing to do with these is to avoid including any sky at all whenever possible and move in close and let the stone fill the frame...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job. I love the black and white theme.

    ReplyDelete