Monday, November 15, 2010

Portfolio...




I've been a little frustrated because I just haven't been capturing the shots that I imagine. I see what I want to shoot, then when I download it to my laptop, it's all just mediocre. Keep plugging away!

Late this afternoon I drove up to a small cemetery in Berlin, CT that is right along the hustle and bustle of the Berlin Tpke. It's nestled in a little fork of woods between two roads and many people probably pass by it without knowing it's there. Funny thing, though, there was only one stone and I wasn't even sure if it is a headstone. I did a little research on Halls Cemetery in Berlin and came up with this from the Halls Corner Cemetery Records - Town of Berlin, CT:
Halls Corner Cemetery was copied from the Charles R. Hale Collection as found in the Connecticut State Library.





BUNCE, Wallie W., son of George & Sarah B., died Aug. 5, 1872, age 2 yrs. 3 mos.
HALL, Alfred S., son of Sherlock & Lucrezia, died Feb. 1, 1803, age 1 yr.
HALL, Lucrezia, wife of Sherlock, died May 14, 1829, age 28 yrs. 9 days.

HALL, Alfred Newton, son of Sherlock & Lucrezia, died Sept. 14, 1828, age 4 yrs. 4 mos. 12 days.
HALL, Sherlock, died Oct. 21, 1855, age 63 yrs. Stone broken.
HALL, Mary Ann, daughter of Elisha & Eliza, died June 8, 1854, age 18 yrs.
Bodies moved to Maple Cemetery except Bunce.

Sad to see the such young ages listed.

Again, not exactly the shots that I had hoped for but I tried to make them more interesting to the viewer.
I'll have a few more on myfotothing.

2 comments:

  1. Do you think you'll do cemeteries? The subject is great at this time of the year. I like the fact that you researched why there was just one grave. That information makes the image (color) resonate more.... Each town has its on version of this... Love to see you keep going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm planning to, Jerry. I'm hoping to get up to western MA where my parents live as there are some very old cemeteries out in the woods that many people do not even know about. They are beautiful to photograph at this time of year.

    Thank you for the comments.

    ReplyDelete